You have to start someday..

    It's been really long since I decided on such a big commitment in my life. You might be wondering what's the big deal he's talking about, without much suspense I am going to break it out to you.
I am going to blog every day (might sound stupid, but this is something I always wanted to do). I am not an avid reader or a frequent writer but this a choice I had to make and I am making it.

    For those of who do not know me, I am Abhishek Chandraseanan, as I write this I am 22M pursuing my final year in bachelors on Computer Science in Govt. Model Engineering College. The cliche choice of CSE because I was good at CS in my school and I thought I was the best C++ programmer out there only to find out that the C++ in our school curriculum "Turbo C++",  was nothing but some old outdated stuff, I was devastated and I had no idea what to do but just think and think about it.

    So this blog is basically for all those people who are trying to figure out what to do with their CSE and not to repeat the mistake or dumb things I did.

    So, the stupid or dumb thing that I think I did was [disclaimer: meh don't judge] I freaking Googled and  Quoraed on "How to become a good programmer?" doing that once understandable but wasting time on it for 2 years and just dreaming, kids DO NOT DO IT, it is an utter waste of time. Thinking back I feel I should have just fixed on some programming language and just started doing problems on HackerRank, or LeetCode, or probably just make a simple calculator ( you have to learn to walk before you run).

    It's been long, as in, I always wanted to achieve something bigger, something much much above everything, I even work, but my work is never consistent I keep justifying myself as "I am very spontaneous and I keep changing", but now I realise that it was just me running away from problems and just trying to show off people with saying what I can do rather than showing people. But for everything, there is a point where you understand that things went wrong and you have a chance to redeem that, and this is where I am.

    It is a big commitment to take, as in the middle of full-time college from 9 to 5, amidst of final year project, seminar and not the least campus placements, but this time I need this to make myself on track and the much bigger picture is to maybe help out people who are reading this not make  mistakes I did, but the way I see it is making mistakes is good if and only if you learn from it and it took me quite some time to understand that I was doing nothing to correct it but rather just understand it. Things become only clear when you start doing it, till then it's just some ideas in your head.

    So currently I am in a position :

  1. I know bits and pieces of C++( GNU version), but trying to learn more deeply about STL's and how to use it in competitive programming ( the reason why C++ is because I know it a bit more than other languages)
  2. I need a base programing language to do projects and C++ is not the ideal one because it's not what I want, so thereafter 6 to 12 months of googling, reading articles on medium and other websites and obviously talking to my friends I decided on JavaScript. 
  3. Resources and plan as of now:


    We all know that we ain't perfect, all criticisms are a positive sign for me and will be looking forward to it.

    I know that this will be a poorly structured article, I can't do anything but get feedbacks. All your feedbacks are valuable and appreciable

    Hope you all a good day and happy hacking. \m/

Comments

  1. Well written. I can relate this situation. And make sure you keep blogging ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadeem. I know, I think most of us do the same! Yeah planning to continue it. :)

      Delete
  2. Best wishes in you new endeavor!! Looking forward to more of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Javascript is the worst language one could pick to be on the path to become a programmer. I'm shocked to hear that you picked Javascript over C++. I would've agreed if you chose Python ( or even Java for that matter ) over C++. Hell, you could pick even Ruby or one of those modern languages too - Go, Erlang, Elixir, Rust, etc.

    Javascript is the worst choice one could make as a developer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it was not a easy choice to choose JS over python, but the thing is for now I am in web development and JS is the best option I got.
      And clarification I never choose JS over C++, I am learning more C++ and JS together.

      Anyway thanks for sharing what's in your mind! Keep supporting!
      Thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thank God that there is 1st in every month and Stupid me

What is this 'thing' a Dairy? A Blog? What the fudge is this guy doing?